Thursday, December 13, 2012
Medicinal Cannabis freedom attacked by Sonoma County Board of Supervisors
2012-12-08 "Sonoma BOS Propose Changing Cannabis Guidelines This Tues. Dec 11" message from "canorml.org":
Join us at our "Cannabis in California: Ending the 100 Year War" conference in San Francisco January 26 & 27, 2013 Visit: [http://www.canorml.org/100years]
Some were unable to use the URL for the petition below. Try [http://www.change.org/petitions/sonoma-county-board-of-supervisors-take-no-action-on-the-recommendations-of-the-marijuana-ad-hoc-committee]
Dear SAMM supporters,
The Sonoma County Board of Supervisors will be meeting next Tuesday, December 11, at 2:30 pm to vote on repealing the 2006 Resolution and thereby revert back to the state guidelines of 6 mature plants/12 immature plants. We would lose the right to cultivate in 100 square feet and possess 3 pounds of dried bud. We need YOUR HELP now as never before to preserve our guidelines, which were hard won and which have served as a model for other counties in California. We cannot and must not go back!
We need to show up in force at the Board meeting on Tuesday and let the Board know we are committed to standing up for our rights. They cannot vote this through on such short notice.
Please SIGN the online petition below. And write letters to the Supervisors---see link below to find their emails & phone numbers. You may also use the link below to access the County Staff Report.
The best way we can protest this is with our bodies. Let's pack the Board with HUNDREDS of supporters! The Board meets at 575 Administration Drive, Room 100A, Santa Rosa. We need to show that we are a force to be reckoned with.
The information below was written by Sarah Shrader of the Sonoma Chapter of Americans for Safe Access, ASA. Please forward to all your friends to get folks out to this important meeting next Tuesday and to sign the petition.
Thanks for your support, Kumari Sivadas & Mary Pat Jacobs, Sonoma Alliance for Medical Marijuana
Attention Sonoma County Patients!
Act Now to STOP Your Medical Cannabis Rights from being VIOLATED!
On December 6th, 2012, it was made public that the Board of Supervisors would be adding an item to their December 11th meeting agenda that would dramatically change the legal landscape of local medical cannabis patients' rights. These recommendations have not been vetted by community members or industry stakeholders and five days is not enough time for the Board of Directors to elicit input from their constituents on this controversial public program.
We need to attend this meeting IN FORCE to show our elected public officials that we DO NOT SUPPORT these actions!
The Medicinal Marijuana Ad Hoc Committee recommends that the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors
(1) repeal their 2006 resolution allowing for local qualified patients to cultivate up to 30 plants, which would effectively reduce the allowable number to the state mandatory minimum of 6 plants,
(2) to establish an ordinance prohibiting the cultivation of marijuana in unoccupied residential buildings and
(3) direct staff to establish a Marijuana Task Force modeled on the Sonoma County Methamphetamine Task Force.
To see the counties staff report check out: [www.sonoma-county.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?view_id=2&event_id=20]
We can create the effective and clearly united response by participating in ALL THREE of the following actions:
* ATTEND THE MEETING Tuesday December 11th we will be gathering at 2 PM at the Arlene Francis Center (99 west 6th street in Santa Rosa) to carpool over to the meeting with fellow community members and activists. We will get a chance to go over talking points & practice our speeches to Board of Supervisors.
* CONTACT YOUR SUPERVISORS at (707)565-2241 or reach out to them at their individual emails which are posted on the following page: [http://supervisors.sonoma-county.org/]
* SIGN THE PETITION on Change.org [www.change.org/petitions/sonoma-county-board-of-supervisors-take-no-action-on-the-recommendations-of-the-marijuana-ad-hoc-committee]. It is imperative that we take action now to protect patients' rights, safe access and responsible public process in Sonoma County!
For more information on participating in this community action please contact Sonoma ASA 707 595 0215 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Northbay Uprising Radio at 9:46 PM